UnityNinja Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UnityNinja CommunityLog in

UnityNinja - Video Game Development Community, including Resources, Forums, Marketplace & More.

Putting a team together to make a 3d fishing game

power_settings_newLogin to reply
4 posters

descriptionPutting a team together to make a 3d fishing game EmptyPutting a team together to make a 3d fishing game

more_horiz
Hi,
I have a great idea for a 3d fishing game a bit different than anything out there right now. I want to start out small. Do 1 pond to get everything modeled, behavior, all of that fun stuff for PC. So i am looking to put together a team. I am a beginner in unity and only have about 50 hours in, but looking to learn and grow and have some fun at a leisurely pace.
Let me know if you interested.
Thanks,
Zeb

descriptionPutting a team together to make a 3d fishing game EmptyRe: Putting a team together to make a 3d fishing game

more_horiz
Nothing??? Come on guys and gals...

descriptionPutting a team together to make a 3d fishing game EmptyRe: Putting a team together to make a 3d fishing game

more_horiz
Hi, I'm a beginner too, I would love to help. I probably only have about 10 hours in, so the best I can do is make a cool terrain. Just email me at dgoodwin984@gmail.com if you want to partner. Very Happy

more_horiz
bichz wrote:
Hi, I'm a beginner too, I would love to help. I probably only have about 10 hours in, so the best I can do is make a cool terrain. Just email me at dgoodwin984@gmail.com if you want to partner. Very Happy

I was thinking maybe start small, with a 2D fishing game, then we can try to tackle the big boy

more_horiz
sdhoover1115 wrote:
bichz wrote:

I was thinking maybe start small, with a 2D fishing game, then we can try to tackle the big boy

Alright, that sounds cool, email me so we could talk about what will be in the game.

more_horiz
Guys, sorry to burst your bubble. 2D is, in most cases, tougher to work with than 3D. Unfortunatley beginners in unity are misled to believe that 2d is easier. That is incorrect. It only takes away the need of a 3D modeler.

more_horiz
What makes 2d harder? Im doing well on this platform I'm building

more_horiz
3d isn't off the table, i just thought it would give us a little more time in Unity, but there are so many 3d assets would could start out on 3d on an easier project then build on it. 1 pond fishing from the bank with 1 rod and reel and a few types of bait, and 2 or 3 types of fish.

more_horiz
I am a self-trained 3d modeler I could actually make the fish,terrain,and every thing else

more_horiz
Fantastic, that's a start

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply