UnityNinja Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UnityNinja CommunityLog in

UnityNinja - Video Game Development Community, including Resources, Forums, Marketplace & More.

Minecraft Crafting system - Youtube tutorial channel - every monday a new tutorial

3 posters

descriptionMinecraft Crafting system - Youtube tutorial channel - every monday a new tutorial EmptyMinecraft Crafting system - Youtube tutorial channel - every monday a new tutorial

more_horiz
Hello guys!

I'm now developing games in Unity for 2,5 years.
And in that time I used a lot of tutorials, and now I want to return that favor.
First of all, sorry for my bad english skills (i'm still trying to improve that)
Currently I have a few other unity tutorials also (every week on monday I try to upload a new tutorial).

The channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqFFZvgC7JUL6esOrL8LyWg

The comming parts we are going to create a building system like Rust.

Part 1:

part 2:

Some parts of this system will be changed later on in the tutorial.
So don't directly panic if something isn't like Rust!

Also I didn't player a minute in my life Rust, so some controls are maybe different. But I think the most important parts are exactly the same as in Rust.

But this is the first part and we start with showing the preview of the object!
So I hope you guys like it!

(all the scripts witch I'm reffering to are here)

Unlit alpha shader script:
http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/189695/add-color-property-to-unlit-alpha.html

The script I coppied:
currentpos -= Vector3.one * offset;
currentpos /= gridSize;
currentpos = new Vector3(Mathf.Round(currentpos.x), Mathf.Round(currentpos.y), Mathf.Round(currentpos.z));
currentpos *= gridSize;
currentpos += Vector3.one * offset;
currentpreview.position = currentpos;

Last edited by Gamad on Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:14 am; edited 4 times in total

descriptionMinecraft Crafting system - Youtube tutorial channel - every monday a new tutorial EmptyRe: Minecraft Crafting system - Youtube tutorial channel - every monday a new tutorial

more_horiz
Hello guys and welcome to part 3 of how to create a Building system like Rust!

So I hope you guys like it!

If you got any questions, please ask below!

descriptionMinecraft Crafting system - Youtube tutorial channel - every monday a new tutorial EmptyRe: Minecraft Crafting system - Youtube tutorial channel - every monday a new tutorial

more_horiz
Awesome man! Checked out your channel and your tutorials, some really good stuff!

more_horiz
MisterNinjaBoy wrote:
Awesome man! Checked out your channel and your tutorials, some really good stuff!

Thanks!
I'm glad you like it!

more_horiz
There were some issues that I couldn't log in anymore at this forum. but here is part 4 finally:

Hope you guys like it!

more_horiz
Hello guys and welcome to part 5 of how to make a building system like Rust, hope you guys like it!

more_horiz
How to make a circular menu in Unity 5!
You can follow this if you don't follow the Rust Tutorial (We will first create the system, at the next rust part we will intergrate it)

Hope you guys like it!

more_horiz
Part 2 of how to create a circular menu in unity!

Hope you guys like it!

more_horiz
The last part of how to create a building system!

more_horiz
Hello guys and welcome to another unity 5 tutorial!
In this tutorial we are going to make a start of how to create a day & night cycle!

we will create to change the fog color, the sun rotation, the sun intensity and we will see the time of the day at the screen!

I hope you guys like it!

Also if you got any questions, just ask in the comments!

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum