UnityNinja Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UnityNinja CommunityLog in

UnityNinja - Video Game Development Community, including Resources, Forums, Marketplace & More.

descriptionI am looking to make games. Where to start? EmptyI am looking to make games. Where to start?

more_horiz
I am totally new to programming and want pointers on where to start. I've already made an account for code academy and started the Java Script portion.  All I've got done was the first few lessons and learned about If and Else statements as well as learned about other minor things. Should I continue on learning Java and that will help me in programming games? I'm totally lost. tongue Any pointers and where to start off and how you became a programmer(If you are). Anything will help.

If this means anything my age is 14. Young I know but I figured the younger I start, the better!

descriptionI am looking to make games. Where to start? EmptyRe: I am looking to make games. Where to start?

more_horiz
Java is great if your going mobile as such,, have a opportunity...  But honestly i have had 1 year in UNI and JAVA is pants according to ALL the job offers..

C was the way to go according to there interview request and the job listings..

So sorry if i wasted 100's of peoples time learning Js... but on good note JS, is great language if you want to tier more to the WEB and not system based programming..

Hopefully this is correct for the Usages vs Practical...

But i STILL stand by whos offering the JOBS..

hpdestro
University of Northampton
"Nothing but Knowledge"
"Eat a DiK"
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply