UnityNinja Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UnityNinja CommunityLog in

UnityNinja - Video Game Development Community, including Resources, Forums, Marketplace & More.

descriptionI get the feeling I'll be needing a lot of help :) EmptyI get the feeling I'll be needing a lot of help :)

more_horiz
my little man got a tablet for christmas, recently saw one of your tutorials online and he has NOT STOPPED TALKING ABOUT IT SINCE.affraid

Anyway, I watched em all too and got into it with him. we've been mostly just messing around but I'ma be here trying to learn a bunch of new stuff to impress him and keep him on his toes. Hopefully he doesn't find this thread Very Happy

I have about 28 years of gaming experience and 18 years of programming experience, so Im hoping i can pick it up and be a better hands on teacher for him.

cheers!

descriptionI get the feeling I'll be needing a lot of help :) EmptyRe: I get the feeling I'll be needing a lot of help :)

more_horiz
The best advice would be to take it slowly, don't try to learn everything in one day, but most importantly have fun with it!

Good luck to you both. Smile

descriptionI get the feeling I'll be needing a lot of help :) EmptyRe: I get the feeling I'll be needing a lot of help :)

more_horiz
that is good advice, he's definitely not used to the mac mouse yet but we're gonna try for between 30 minutes to an hour a night to learn together. that'll keep the pace nice and steady I think.

he was having too much fun just making mountains haha I made the wall from game of thrones. wish he didn't have to go to school all day haha cmon summer

more_horiz
For what it's worth, I'm 49 and I'm still not used to the Man mouse!

If i might be so bold, I would suggest finding a tutorial on how to make Pong. It's not that difficult to create, it's a two player game, so you can play together and it should be impressive enough to get him even more enthusiastic about developing. I know that everyone else was really impressed when they saw my four player Pong game... I really should consider publishing it!

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply