UnityNinja Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UnityNinja CommunityLog in

UnityNinja - Video Game Development Community, including Resources, Forums, Marketplace & More.

descriptionCan't import packages EmptyCan't import packages

more_horiz
I got a weapons package from unity and it downloaded as a winrar file of coarse but i cant figure out how to import the full file to my unity to put guns in and if i try to open them singly by going in file and doing them separately it will give error saying that it cant decompress file. Please help me fix tis issue.

descriptionCan't import packages EmptyRe: Can't import packages

more_horiz
Tllama wrote:
I got a weapons package from unity and it downloaded as a winrar file of coarse but i cant figure out how to import the full file to my unity to put guns in and if i try to open them singly by going in file and doing them separately it will give error saying that it cant decompress file. Please help me fix tis issue.

What OS are you using? Like mac or pc? It may be a problem with your unarchiver, it seems like it's not unity's fault that this is happening. It's a zip file,s o winrar should be able to extract it, but maybe try a different program to unarchive? Make sure you are always importing the .fbx file for the 3d models, this is very important that there is the .fbx or .obj extension to the 3d model files, if you are importing them one by one, like you said. I made a unity beginner tutorial, where I even explained importing stuff, so you can skip to 8:30 to see the 'importing your own stuff' part of the tutorial

more_horiz
I had issues with this without having a unzipper program on my pc. I restarted my computer and tried again and it worked. I agree with misterninjaboy it probably was an issue with your pc not unity. Good luck!!

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply