UnityNinja Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UnityNinja CommunityLog in

UnityNinja - Video Game Development Community, including Resources, Forums, Marketplace & More.

descriptionI'm a newcomer here EmptyI'm a newcomer here

more_horiz
Hi, my name's Alex, i guess I should write something here. Well I've always been interested in game development, but mostly did some modding or map making, or just created textures or 3d models for games such as Counter-strike, Freelancer, scenario maps for Starcraft: Brood war, also for some other games. I've always been fond of space sim games like Parkan, X1,2,3, Elite, Freelancer. Also I like such games likeHalf-life and Stalker, Mass Effect and The Elder Scrolls series and Fallout series. Recently I've downloaded Unity 5 and have started video-tutoring self, reading some manuals and just clicking those strange buttons in the editor. I hope it to be a long lasting interest. I am from Krasnodar, Russia and I'm 26 and I'm male and well I'm a musician and an engineer and a designer and I just love games. Well that's it I guess. Rolling Eyes

descriptionI'm a newcomer here EmptyRe: I'm a newcomer here

more_horiz
Hey, you sound like a very interesting guy, aspiring to develop in unity! If you need help at any time, that is what the help section is made for! I look forward to seeing some of your work!

more_horiz
MisterNinjaBoy wrote:
Hey, you sound like a very interesting guy, aspiring to develop in unity! If you need help at any time, that is what the help section is made for! I look forward to seeing some of your work!

I'm not sure that is going to happen very soon, taking into account that I have just started and it's not that easy as I thought.

more_horiz
SovereignSun wrote:
Hi, my name's Alex

That's my name too Razz
SovereignSun wrote:
i guess I should write something here. Well I've always been interested in game development, but mostly did some modding or map making, or just created textures or 3d models for games such as Counter-strike, Freelancer, scenario maps for Starcraft: Brood war, also for some other games. I've always been fond of space sim games like Parkan, X1,2,3, Elite, Freelancer. Also I like such games like Half-life and Stalker, Mass Effect and The Elder Scrolls series and Fallout series. Recently I've downloaded Unity 5 and have started video-tutoring self, reading some manuals and just clicking those strange buttons in the editor. I hope it to be a long lasting interest. I am from Krasnodar, Russia and I'm 26 and I'm male and well I'm a musician and an engineer and a designer and I just love games. Well that's it I guess. Rolling Eyes

I wish you luck in tutoring yourself to learn Unity. It's quite a simple engine but it really depends on what you're doing. The more you do inside a project, the more complicated it gets. You seem to be quite experienced with 3D modelling and texturing so it will not be difficult to get used to the editor at all and you'll be making games in no time!
Welcome to the forums.

more_horiz
xezno wrote:
SovereignSun wrote:
Hi, my name's Alex

That's my name too Razz
SovereignSun wrote:
i guess I should write something here. Well I've always been interested in game development, but mostly did some modding or map making, or just created textures or 3d models for games such as Counter-strike, Freelancer, scenario maps for Starcraft: Brood war, also for some other games. I've always been fond of space sim games like Parkan, X1,2,3, Elite, Freelancer. Also I like such games like Half-life and Stalker, Mass Effect and The Elder Scrolls series and Fallout series. Recently I've downloaded Unity 5 and have started video-tutoring self, reading some manuals and just clicking those strange buttons in the editor. I hope it to be a long lasting interest. I am from Krasnodar, Russia and I'm 26 and I'm male and well I'm a musician and an engineer and a designer and I just love games. Well that's it I guess. Rolling Eyes

I wish you luck in tutoring yourself to learn Unity.  It's quite a simple engine but it really depends on what you're doing.  The more you do inside a project, the more complicated it gets.  You seem to be quite experienced with 3D modelling and texturing so it will not be difficult to get used to the editor at all and you'll be making games in no time!
Welcome to the forums.

Well I've explored the Engine, but creating models and textures and using them in the project takes a lot of time, writing scrips is a very big problem for me, cause I'm only studying C, sounds and everything is also difficult to create. I'm still learning to understand how things work & run in the Engine. I've got ideas, i wanna work 'em out, guess I will need help, much help I suppose.

more_horiz
Welcome, Alex.

My granddaughter is Russian, studying ballet. She was born in the USA, but her mother came from Russia. I have officers and staff in my corporation who are Russian.

When he was 12 we sent my oldest son to Russia for the summer to live with a Russian family. I hope to visit someday. Smile

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply