UnityNinja Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UnityNinja CommunityLog in

UnityNinja - Video Game Development Community, including Resources, Forums, Marketplace & More.

descriptionUnity Noob EmptyUnity Noob

more_horiz
Hey peeps,
I'm Presci. I started Unity game dev on Dec 2nd. Life has been awesome since.
I have 5 Scenes nearly complete on my first game. yeah it's a 2D space shooter ...but all those exposed are really loving it and tell me I should sell it...that's encouraging.
But if you code in Unity you don't require much encouragement because it motivates all by itself. Anyway I'm a veteran medical applications & database developer. That has been my pride & joy for nearly 17 years. That passion has been diverted now to Unity. I've been making RPG table top games since second grade (I'm 44 now) so I have gamer blood. I've finished more than my share of console RPG's and shooters alike. I've written a few cheesy games in VB over the years but VB just isn't designed for that.
Now I'm sitting here in a neck brace (true story) from marathon C# coding in Unity 4. I've been writing code every night, every week, and every weekend since day one, December 2nd. Every now and then I let my girlfriend come over for short visits just to retain some humanity ...but It's fading fast. lol
I eat fingernails and my finger tips. I smoke 25 butts an hour and drink about an oil tanker of coffee a day. All essential for Unity development at the rate I'm going. I can only hope that my health holds out long enough to finish this game and Transfer.myPosition to 3D development.

I hope we have lots to share in this community.
Sorry for burning your eyes out. Talk with ya soon!

...and many thanks for having me

-Presci
"Unity is the Strength" quote from Snoop Lion Put Your Lighters Up.

descriptionUnity Noob EmptyRe: Unity Noob

more_horiz
Welcome to UnityNinja! I hope you learn lots from this website!
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply