UnityNinja Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UnityNinja CommunityLog in

UnityNinja - Video Game Development Community, including Resources, Forums, Marketplace & More.

descriptionDoes JavaScript run standalone? EmptyDoes JavaScript run standalone?

more_horiz
Hello World! This is my first post, so yeah... Anyway, back to business, I am currently making an open-world game (Inspired by Watch_Dogs) and I was wandering if JavaScript can be used to make a standalone, PC game. I have some C# in it but I'm thinking of adding some new things, but the only way to do those new things is to use some JavaScript. Please can you reply to this post telling me the answer. Thankyou!

descriptionDoes JavaScript run standalone? EmptyRe: Does JavaScript run standalone?

more_horiz
hi AndersB! Of course you can! You just have to use the wright library.
the #pragma strict
stands for a certain library to be used upon use, all Standalone builds will support JavaScript, C#, and Boo, you just have to use it right Smile
Ps: there is also a iPhone library and a Android Library Smile
-BryceCain25

descriptionDoes JavaScript run standalone? EmptyRe: Does JavaScript run standalone?

more_horiz
Javascript itself, or use javascript coding, and power you're game with an engine?

more_horiz
MisterNinjaBoy wrote:
Javascript itself, or use javascript coding, and power you're game with an engine?
I think he is means the Unity3D Engine?

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply