UnityNinja Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UnityNinja CommunityLog in

UnityNinja - Video Game Development Community, including Resources, Forums, Marketplace & More.

descriptionThis is really dumb.... EmptyThis is really dumb....

more_horiz
So, I've been working on my game for sometime now, but the thing is, I don't know how to keep my player from falling through the floor when the player is on a higher elevation than the terrain. I use planes for these types of heights but they are really bad with textures. So, I don't know what to do, if there is a script out there that stops the player from falling that could really help. So in summary, how do I keep my player from falling down on a higher elevation than the terrain?

descriptionThis is really dumb.... EmptyRe: This is really dumb....

more_horiz
Make sure the player has a capsule collider. You could also use a box collider for the player, and if the terrain is a 3d model, in the import settings, make sure you check off 'generate colliders. If you are talking about standard unity terrain, you should be fine with it, as long as player is higher then the terrain at start, and the player has a capsule/ box collider attached.

more_horiz
Where do I find capsule colliders and import settings?

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply