UnityNinja Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UnityNinja CommunityLog in

UnityNinja - Video Game Development Community, including Resources, Forums, Marketplace & More.

descriptionPlease Help EmptyPlease Help

more_horiz
Hello i need your help with a game im making for blizzard its Stacraft Ghost and i need help adding my own Charator and skining it right and make the animations for the person please help me!!!
Skype mikeharvey12
Email GLGPROMC@gmail.com

descriptionPlease Help EmptyRe: Please Help

more_horiz
It's not really creating a game if you need someone else to do it for you! Plus don't think anyone will join your team in this forum, better go to a bigger forum like forum.unity3d.com or armedunity.com! You should also post some screenshots, videos or web players, to prove you're not a total newbie who doesn't know shit about game development!

more_horiz
Im not asking people to join i just need help skining my Characters to The Model so i can make them Characters in Unity3d

more_horiz
http://gamejolt.com/games/strategy-sim/starcraft-ghost-ghost-recon/32473/
This is the Gamejolt Site to my game

more_horiz
OneManArmy wrote:
It's not really creating a game if you need someone else to do it for you! Plus don't think anyone will join your team in this forum, better go to a bigger forum like forum.unity3d.com or armedunity.com! You should also post some screenshots, videos or web players, to prove you're not a total newbie who doesn't know shit about game development!

Yea, as OMA said i would recommend you check out one of those bigger forums, as this forum is still new, and developing, so get your word out in some other forums too..

more_horiz
ok Thanks

more_horiz
OneManArmy wrote:

Ok Ok, First of all, I do not wan't you putting down this forum, we may know you have a bigger fanabase and all...but we were here to explain a question to the user, not to tell him to go to your forum. I have found plenty of team needing users on this forum. Please look at those.

Last edited by BryceCain25 on Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
MisterNinjaBoy wrote:
OneManArmy wrote:

Yea, as OMA said i would recommend you check out one of those bigger forums, as this forum is still new, and developing, so get your word out in some other forums too..
Well..we may be small, but self advertizing? It kinda puts down the purpose of this forum growing as OMA's forum is exactly the same, we don't really need self advertziers.....

more_horiz
GLGPRO wrote:
Im not asking people to join i just need help skining my Characters to The Model so i can make them Characters in Unity3d
Hi there GLGPro! Have you checked out any of the models here? MNB has posted a ton, along with other users.
Animating a character will require a external program other to Unity3D.
List:
Blender
Cinema4D
Max
Maya
pretty much anything that can export as .fbx (pretty much the easiest and most commonly used format)
Moving the character while the animations play will require a script.
Look at my profile for more information (I have a detailed script where it will animate your character w/ added anims)
skinning the character will require something like:
photoshop
gimp
etc.
Manipulation programs...
pretty much any program that will manipulate a image to your liking.
photoshop has a cool format in which you can follow on youtube, to where you can unwrap the models default diffuse and work off of that.
this one explains pretty well...
http://mediadesigner.digitalmedianet.com/article/Texturing-skin-in-Adobe-Photoshop-31082
ow and this for modeling:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvQ27Fm97eQ
make sure that once you have animated them in blender (or whatever, it's just mentioned because of simplicity and price)
that you have exported them each with a different animation but still keeping the model.
As well keeping the rig, the rig will help you animate as well in Mecinam.
Here is a video on rigging:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGvalWG8HBU
find blender here:
http://www.blender.org
this should be enough, if you need more, please pm me or reply to this topic.
I am willing to help you any time Smile
-BryceCain25

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply