UnityNinja Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UnityNinja CommunityLog in

UnityNinja - Video Game Development Community, including Resources, Forums, Marketplace & More.

descriptionwalking through trees. Emptywalking through trees.

more_horiz
My terrain has a fair amount of trees and for some reason I am able to walk through them even though the tree collider check box is checked. Is there a step I missed or do I need to add a script to the trees. This is important as I need to be able to climb up them in my game. Thanks and sorry for being a noob! Smile

descriptionwalking through trees. EmptyRe: walking through trees.

more_horiz
It's ok! It's something called a mesh collided, if you go into the prefab in the assets for the tree there should be a button called add component, then select physics, then mesh collider then redo the trees on the terrain. Then poof! You can no longer walk through them

more_horiz
Do you know how to do that but with models?

more_horiz
MusicKing7 wrote:
Do you know how to do that but with models?

You click on the 3D model in the assets tab, and there should be an option in the inspector (usually to the left) that lets you enable mesh collider. Then hit apply.

more_horiz
There is no 3D model option in the assets tab.

more_horiz
MusicKing7 wrote:
There is no 3D model option in the assets tab.

Its onot an option. You actually click on the prefab/ asset. Just like you'd click on it to drag into your scene.

more_horiz
It doesn't work because I need a mesh to go with it but I don't know what a mesh is :/

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply