UnityNinja Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UnityNinja CommunityLog in

UnityNinja - Video Game Development Community, including Resources, Forums, Marketplace & More.

description"All compiler errors have to be fixed before you can enter playmode!" Empty"All compiler errors have to be fixed before you can enter playmode!"

more_horiz
I'm new to unity, REALLY new. I have been trying to follow tutorials and make games, but I can never enter playmode, and never test to see if things work! I have been following this tutorial, and if you could tell me what is wrong, that would help a  LOT!

description"All compiler errors have to be fixed before you can enter playmode!" EmptyRe: "All compiler errors have to be fixed before you can enter playmode!"

more_horiz
These are usually simple errors in the code that MUST be fixed in order for the computer to take any commands (enter playmode). Therefore you must fix exactly what the error says in the script, but considering you are brand new to Unity and scripting I assume, I would start learning JS or C# to have a solid base in programming before tying to dive into making a game. You need to understand what these errors in the codes are, rather than trying to collect various scripts from tutorials and the web, mash them up in attempt to make a game, because some scripts will not correspond with each other, and its best to write the scripts on your own, so you understand exactly what the errors are and you will fix them with ease. I know you are excited to dive right into development, but my advice to you is to start learning JS or even C# so you have a solid base and understanding of scripting.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply