UnityNinja Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UnityNinja CommunityLog in

UnityNinja - Video Game Development Community, including Resources, Forums, Marketplace & More.

[Tutorial] How to make your character 3d models your character

power_settings_newLogin to reply
4 posters

description[Tutorial] How to make your character 3d models your character Empty[Tutorial] How to make your character 3d models your character

more_horiz
I just found out how to make character models your FPS dude, haven't tried Third Person but you may try. So first you download your character model or whatever it is your using and follow these steps:

1. Copy the Graphics on the First Person Controller

2. Delete it.

3. Import your character then rename it Graphics and put it in the First Person Controller.

4. Adjust the Main Camera just enough to see everything

5. Press Play and test it out!

I hope this helps. I just found this out so this may have a few issues but it's still a pretty easy way of doing it.

P.S. This allows you to do advanced animations with your character.

Last edited by MusicKing7 on Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total

description[Tutorial] How to make your character 3d models your character EmptyRe: [Tutorial] How to make your character 3d models your character

more_horiz
Thanks it works  Very Happy Very Happy 

description[Tutorial] How to make your character 3d models your character EmptyRe: [Tutorial] How to make your character 3d models your character

more_horiz
No problem. Just adjust everything to your needs. Also if your Main Camera is in the right position you can see the bodyparts like chest. Idk if it does with other character packs but I use the soldier pack

Link: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/122

more_horiz
I use that pack too lol  Smile 
Do you know how to do that with third person controller?

more_horiz
Helpful post! Great to see you helping the community!

more_horiz
Try the same exact steps with third person. Though you most likely have to make your own run animation and stuff. Luckily it's all custom but anyways I might make a post on how to do it with the Third Person Controller.

And yeah MisterNinjaBoy the community has helped me so much I'm gonna start helping it back.

P.S. I tried it with the Third Person Controller... didn't work too well XD he turned huge and laid down got stuck in the terrain and started jumping laying down XD it's pretty hilarious to look at.

Last edited by MusicKing7 on Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
Oh btw if you can you can position your gun so the hands hold it because characters limbs can move which I find good so they're hands can hold the gun with a lil' bit of luck. Heres a screenshot for proof.

Link: https://imgur.com/NFdb5cw

more_horiz
That's why I asked you, I tried with third person controller and that was crazy.. if you find out how to do so please post it, thanks. Smile

more_horiz
I will if I find out how.

more_horiz
MusicKing7, thanks for the helpfull post, I hope you will make more of these.

--New Developer

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply