UnityNinja Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UnityNinja CommunityLog in

UnityNinja - Video Game Development Community, including Resources, Forums, Marketplace & More.

descriptionAwesome sites for the beginners like me.  EmptyAwesome sites for the beginners like me.

more_horiz
Guys, first of all i just wanna say hi fellow game developers. I'm really a newbie in game development but i really wanted to learn a lot from it. I'm planning to use Unity for the games that i will be making. What suggestions can you make for me to learn more about it. I know that for me to start with Unity i should know C# for the coding and a creative mind for the designing part. Can you please guide me where could i start? I hope you could lend me some of your skills and teach me of what you know. Thank you very much. And have a good day. ^^ Very Happy

descriptionAwesome sites for the beginners like me.  EmptyRe: Awesome sites for the beginners like me.

more_horiz
1;You should start making games, you'll get experience as you make more and more games
2; if you dont know anything about modelling, animation, scripting or how a game is made etc, take courses or watch beginner tutorials on youtube, and find your interest.
3; separate things you love to do while developing game and which you hate to do, for things you hate to do seek people you know for help or ask on forums etc people will willingly help you out.
4;your first game should be small aim for the basic ,even it is just a level , raise your level a bit by bit as you gain experience (and remember you cant make tripleA games as it takes a team atleast 50+ and all professionals)  so aim small .

Best of luck Very Happy
if any related question don't hesitate to ask Smile

descriptionAwesome sites for the beginners like me.  EmptyRe: Awesome sites for the beginners like me.

more_horiz
Thank you very much up789 i really appreciate it. I'm thinking of doing 2D games in unity for experience. What should i consider? And what do you mean by that tripleA games sorry i'm really just a newbie. Can i create games like Super Meat Boy on unity? Or can i do it by myself? And lastly sir are you using unity for game development also? If not what do you use? Thank you once again and see ya. ^^ Smile

more_horiz
1:Unity is a great engine to begin with but you should know how to code in order to make a game in it, TripleA games means the game like God of war or Gta etc games which needs a lot of people and money,
2:Remember you are making a game from scratch so everything you have to create from your own, so a game like super meat boy is not easy to make nearly impossible for your first game
3: your first game should be simple and small honestly my first 2d game was a man killing monsters and getting a high score.
4: if you know how to code then unity is good if not scirra construct 2 is good for small games and requires no or little coding (depends) i too made my first game in construct2, there are some more engines which doesn't require coding like game maker, build box, game salad.
5: my opinion would be aim small try to make your game in a month or two if it takes more than that you need to make it more simple, divide your work into small parts and if you dont know coding try to learn the basic atleast , so you can do simple coding

Good luck hope it helps Very Happy

more_horiz
Thank you once again sir up789. I will now try to do my 1st 2D game in construct 2. I know how to use C# a little because i'm still a student taking Bachelor of Information Technology. I will take note all the things you've said. And hope i could be a game developer myself soon. I appreciate for the time hope you could help me more in the future. Very Happy

more_horiz
Yeah if any difficulty you can contact me Very Happy.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply