UnityNinja Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UnityNinja CommunityLog in

UnityNinja - Video Game Development Community, including Resources, Forums, Marketplace & More.

Walking Animation Script(Help)

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+12
gggsss
DeveloperLuke
tanay2003
asihall
Noahfoah
FainterStreaker
DARTHVADEREX
daniel202gaming
yashtewarisaab
developer23
MisterNinjaBoy
Espon17
16 posters

descriptionWalking Animation Script(Help) - Page 2 EmptyRe: Walking Animation Script(Help)

more_horiz
daniel202gaming wrote:
MisterNinjaBoy wrote:
Make a new script, and use this to stop animations. Attach this script to you're gun.

Code:

function Update()
{
 if(Input.GetKeyUp("w"))
 {
  // Plays the _____ animation - stops all other animations
  animation.CrossFade("idle");
 }
}

Whenever I try press w the console says
The animation state M9IdleAnimation(My Walking Animation) could not be played because it could not be found. ):
My idle animation is called IdleM9 just to be clear about that.
It is extremely annoying because I cannot get 1 stupid animation to play.
PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Try this:

Code:

var AnimationClip : AnimationClip ;
function Update() {

if (Input.GetKeyDown (KeyCode.W))
{
    animation.Play();

}

}

descriptionWalking Animation Script(Help) - Page 2 EmptyRe: Walking Animation Script(Help)

more_horiz
Hmmm... I try to put the script in the gun, (the walking and the stop animation, and I get this:

Code:

The AnimationClip 'walking' used by the Animation component 'CSS Arms FBX' must be marked as Legacy.

Not sure what "Legacy" means...

Here is my scripts for both of the things:

Walking:

Code:

function Update()
{
 if(Input.GetKeyDown("w"))
 {
  // Plays the walking animation - stops all other animations
  animation.Play("walking", PlayMode.StopAll);
 }
}

WalkingStop:

Code:

function UPDATE()
{
 if(Input.GetKeyUp("w"))
 {
  // Plays the _____ animation - stops all other animations
  animation.CrossFade("idle");
 }
}

Obviously, I have no idea what any of that means. Can you help me please?

more_horiz
Sorry but works for me, i haven't idea because doesn't works for you

more_horiz
I dont know why its not working for me either... I have the code and everything. Im wondering if the animation setup came with a plugin that was needed to make it work? If thats so, I need the download url please

more_horiz
Here is the video to my problem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaGxoRZi8E4&list=UU03K626PqGtDR9ucffWfpLA

more_horiz
Well, now I took the scripts out, then I put it back in, and now it wont work at all.

more_horiz
What version of Unity is it?

more_horiz
Unity 4: version 4.5.1f3. Is that the same version you use?

more_horiz
FainterStreaker wrote:
Unity 4: version 4.5.1f3. Is that the same version you use?

Yes,you just go on window,animator,and under the text Any State add you animation (drag the animation in the Animator)

more_horiz
I have the animation set to it, and now it only does it once, if I dont push w or if I do.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply