UnityNinja Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UnityNinja CommunityLog in

UnityNinja - Video Game Development Community, including Resources, Forums, Marketplace & More.

descriptionBeginner question EmptyBeginner question

more_horiz
Hello!

I've watched this tutorial on youtube: watch?v=QUCEcAp3h28

I'm trying to make the same simple Terrain showed in the video, but from some reason, my Unity doesn't show the Terrain (GameObject -> Create Other -> Terrain).

What am I missing?

Thanks!

descriptionBeginner question EmptyRe: Beginner question

more_horiz
You probably have an older version of Unity. Try installing the latest version, because your interface should be the same as mine in the video. If you do have the lastest version, there should be a terrain option under Gameobject> Create other> Create terrain.

more_horiz
Hi!
Thanks for the fast reply!
I do have the last version (4.3.4f1).

I added the terrain exactly as you showed in the youtube vid from the GameObject menu.

I sent ya a message with the print screen of what I see (since I can't post it here).

Thanks for the help!

more_horiz
Hi!
I found the problem - I had to set the Layer to "Everything" (in the top right corner).

Edit: A new problem I encounter - I cannot resize my terrain - I try to drag it in resize mode with no success. What am I missing?

Thanks!

more_horiz
You cannot resize terrain. You'd have to rescale everything else to fit the standard terrain size.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply