UnityNinja Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UnityNinja CommunityLog in

UnityNinja - Video Game Development Community, including Resources, Forums, Marketplace & More.

descriptionQuestion about Unity  EmptyQuestion about Unity

more_horiz
I'm quiet new to Unity 3D but I was wondering do I need a big programming background? Do I need to know C# and Javascript like really good, because I don't lol! But ya what would you rate Unity 3D in difficulty because I wanna create my very own game with it. Thanks in Advance!!

descriptionQuestion about Unity  EmptyRe: Question about Unity

more_horiz
Ps- Do I only need Unity or do I need Blender? I already have photoshop.

more_horiz
unity is very easy and is well suited to beginners. there are lots of tutorials out there to get you started and you can easily create a game without any scripting at all. LOL

more_horiz
Well what else should I use? LIke blender for creating custom objects right?

more_horiz
I am a Programmer so im not familiar with the modeling programmes, but my team uses a mix of Blender, 3DS MAX and maya. as well as gimp for Texturing

more_horiz
Pocketchange25 wrote:
Well what else should I use? LIke blender for creating custom objects right?

I'd recommend Blender as its free, and its somewhat beginner friendly, for modelling.

more_horiz
I agree with MNB, blender is a good way to start when it comes to modelling programs.
Although scripting is a big part of Unity it is not needed as such for beginners, either way I recommend learning C# and Javascript.
There are many tutorials for Unity which is a very good thing when it comes to starting game development.

--New Developer

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply