UnityNinja Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UnityNinja CommunityLog in

UnityNinja - Video Game Development Community, including Resources, Forums, Marketplace & More.

descriptionIm on tutorial 2 EmptyIm on tutorial 2

more_horiz
Hey misterninjaboy,
I'm currently following your tutorials for making my fps game, and I'm on tutorial 2. So far everything was working out, but when I just started making a new terrain, whenever i go to playmode, my fps controller falls through the ground. I'm not shure why this is happening, because before it was working properly. please help thx

descriptionIm on tutorial 2 EmptyReposition the controller...

more_horiz
gamedev101 wrote:
Hey misterninjaboy,
I'm currently following your tutorials for making my fps game, and I'm on tutorial 2. So far everything was working out, but when I just started making a new terrain, whenever i go to playmode, my fps controller falls through the ground. I'm not shure why this is happening, because before it was working properly. please help thx

I think I already explained this alot in the e tutorial, bit it's really important you make shure your fp controller is above the terrain or surface it is landing on, before entering playmode. If adjusting the player's altitude doesn't work, then it might be collider configuration issues. But for now, try as I said.

descriptionIm on tutorial 2 EmptyRe: Im on tutorial 2

more_horiz
Yep thanks it worked. silly mistake

more_horiz
gamedev101 wrote:
Yep thanks it worked. silly mistake

No problem, I always make silly mistakes, just always make sure all steps were done carefully when watching tutorials

more_horiz
gamedev101 wrote:
Hey misterninjaboy,

Holy shit dude he explained this in one of the tuts!!! He even repeated it several times to make shure player is overtop terain, not even touching

more_horiz
chowderbrain, no need to write all of that, its just a silly mistake and this section of the forum is dedicated to help people.
So all I am saying is that your comment was not usefull and just a waste of time. Oh and please dont use words like "shit" on the forum, its only going to make the forum unpleasant.

--New Developer

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply