UnityNinja Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UnityNinja CommunityLog in

UnityNinja - Video Game Development Community, including Resources, Forums, Marketplace & More.

descriptionSent by a great tutorial EmptySent by a great tutorial

more_horiz
Hey Everyone,
The other day I noticed I'd downloaded the free version of Unity and wasn't sure what it was or why it was on my desktop. I must've gotten it awhile back when talking to a friend about making a game. I've long been an artist or vandal but don't know much about what goes into a game whereas my friend is strong in that respect.
I thought I want to try this myself, why not. If it's too hard then well I'll probably learn something while trying. I first went to youtube and searched for unity beginner tutorials and for the first time ever in my youtubing I found a great video on the first try. I bookmarked that and sought out the uploaders forum. I'm a little excited:).

so.. hello everyone, look forward to coming here as the community looks pretty active (in the small amount of time I've perused it) back to more tutorials for me, best of luck to everyone here.

One quick question: are there any free 3d modeling programs that are compatible with Unity?

descriptionSent by a great tutorial EmptyRe: Sent by a great tutorial

more_horiz
*Also my first time here but I'm getting a lot of broken headers(prob not correct term) on this site, for example the button for starting a new topic was broken. Is it just me?

more_horiz
Hey! Welcome to the forum! I am glad you liked my tutorial, and I hope you have a good time here in the unityninja community! To answer your question about the free 3d modeling software, I recommend blender, as you can export to fbx or obj (directly compatible w/ unity.) And im sorry you are experiencing those broken buttons, if you could provide me with any more info/ screenshots ill try to fix them, although its the first report I get on broken buttons.)

Good luck!
-Ninja

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply