UnityNinja Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UnityNinja CommunityLog in

UnityNinja - Video Game Development Community, including Resources, Forums, Marketplace & More.

descriptionUnity 5 Advanced Joint Configuration question...... EmptyUnity 5 Advanced Joint Configuration question......

more_horiz
Hi friends...
I'm looking everywhere for a good tutorials to explain getting a pair of arms functioning with springs/joints.  I'd like to be able to pick up objects and add them to an inventory .. I imagine something somewhat simple to better understand making a game, focused right now on the hands though.  I found 1 good tut

https://youtu.be/OUQuHf8M9XQ

but am hoping to check out some others to gain better comprehension, particularly using Unity5.  Thought ya all might have some good suggestions.  

Thanks ahead of time :-)

Jenni

youtube | facebook

descriptionUnity 5 Advanced Joint Configuration question...... EmptyRe: Unity 5 Advanced Joint Configuration question......

more_horiz
Hey there! To start ya off, most systems just enable an object when you press a certain key when inside a certain trigger..like say for instance you are inside a box collider that is marked as a trigger and you press "e" or something, you will disable whatever is in your hand and enable whatever you picked up, and you can set an array of objects that will store the values of both objects so you can switch between each of the objects using keypresses...this can all be done in scripting, if you are looking for an inventory with a User Interface, that is different...you will need to be able to set certain arrays to store the values of each slot in order to sort or move each item around..
Hope that explained a little (By the way, each of these methods can be used in any version of Unity Smile )
-BryceCain25
Smile

descriptionUnity 5 Advanced Joint Configuration question...... EmptyRe: Unity 5 Advanced Joint Configuration question......

more_horiz
Oh Ok thanks Bryce! I was trying out Playmaker last night and it was helping me w/ the graphical aspect of on/off buttons & triggers. I guess there are ways to do it solely w/ code & triggers too.. I appreciate your response! I shall determine the best way to go about the hand stuffs. Cheers!

more_horiz
jenninexus wrote:
Oh Ok thanks Bryce!  I was trying out Playmaker last night and it was helping me w/ the graphical aspect of on/off buttons & triggers.  I guess there are ways to do it solely w/ code & triggers too.. I appreciate your response!  I shall determine the best way to go about the hand stuffs.  Cheers!
Awesome! Glad you were able to figure something out! Cheers!

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply